May 8 - Mark 12:1-12 Community Group Questions
- Read Mark 12:1-12 as a group. Try and figure out who the different characters in the story are referring to.
- Answer the following questions: Who in this story acts on their own authority? What are the ramificantions for each of the characters acting on that authority?
- Consider what has authority in your life? Discuss what we read about Jesus' authority in Colossians 1:16-20 shapes our understandings of other things that have authority over us.
- Why does Jesus quote Psalm 118:22, 23 in this parable? How is this a question of faith for the chief priests, teachers of the law, and the elders?
- Read Galatians 4:4-7. What do we learn about God's timing? What do we learn about God's plans for us? What is encouraging and challenging about these things?
- God wants us to understand that we aren't only servants but also his children. How does the Lord massage this reality deep into our souls (Gal. 4:5-6)? How does all of this move us to respond to the authoirty of Jesus Christ?
More in Community Group Questions
January 25, 2023Community Group Questions: 1.29.2023 (Acts 8:1-25)
January 16, 2023Community Group Questions: 1.22.2023 (Acts 7)
November 6, 2022Community Group Questions 11.6.2022