March 13th - Mark 9:30-37: Gospel Expectations and Kingdom Priorities
- Why might the disciples have been confused about Jesus’ teaching that, “The Son of Man would be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise”?
- When have you allowed your confusion or fear about who God is and what he is doing in your life freeze you and keep you from coming to him? Why must we not let our fear and confusion keep us from Jesus?
- In what ways do you have/have you had misplaced expectations of who Jesus is and what his gospel is about? How do those misplaced expectations prevent you from having his kingdom priorities in your life?
- Can you think of a time when your misplaced expectations of Jesus led to you pursuing your own priorities that were in opposition to grace and the gospel?
- How do you respond to Jesus’ words in vs. 35, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.” Discuss the implications of Jesus’ call to you in your life.
- Who are the “children” in your life? Who are those that you deem insignificant, unworthy, non-persons? What are practical ways you can welcome them, love them, and serve them? What would it look like for you to receive them?
- Why must our lives and expectations be defined by the cross if we are going to follow Jesus into lives of service?
More in Community Group Questions
January 25, 2023Community Group Questions: 1.29.2023 (Acts 8:1-25)
January 16, 2023Community Group Questions: 1.22.2023 (Acts 7)
November 6, 2022Community Group Questions 11.6.2022