02.27.2022 Community Group Questions
1. Experiencing worry/anxiety is common in our culture and it was something Jesus addresses in Matthew 6:25-34. Discuss the examples Jesus gives about birds and flowers. What is Jesus drawing out for us to consider with these examples
2. Have you ever been anxious? About what? Is it a sin to be anxious or is it how we approach the reality of anxiety in our lives?
3. Jesus says in vs. 25, "Do not worry about your life..." but then he also acknowledges in vs. 32 that "your heavenly Father knows that you need them." What perspective is Jesus leading us to lean into?
4. Vs. 34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Jesus knows that tomorrow will have worrisome things that provoke anxiety. He also is encouraging us is vs. 33, "33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." What are ways we can seek the kingdom and his righteousness? Why would we?
5. We live in world that is at war with itself that has challenges and struggles. To deny that usually leads to a response that leads us to inauthenticity in our ourselves and a lack of compassion for others. How does having a perspective that believes Jesus is our foundation shape our understanding of our and others expereince?
More in Community Group Questions
March 5, 2023Community Group Questions: 3.5.2023 (Acts 13)
February 22, 2023Community Group Questions: 2.26.2023 (Acts 12)
February 19, 2023Community Group Questions: 2.19.2023 (Acts 10)